Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Like Shaking Hands


I miss                         
the feel of your lips
pressed against
the back of my shoulders

I miss                           
the smile on your face
when I say
I support the war
but not the soldiers

I miss  
the joy of your scent
the feel of your skin
staying up and talking all night

But I don't miss                   
wondering where you've been
are you cheating again
and listening to your lies

I don't miss you screaming at me   
never letting me be
controlling everything I do

I miss you

Now I've moved on                    
our love is gone
no need to live in the
past

I've accepted being
alone    
working all day long
trying to kill the memory
of us

When I see you again      
I wont have to pretend
I have no desire to kiss
you

I miss you



.....

No comments:

Post a Comment